"He is able .... to keep..."

Tuesday 20 September 2011

CAMINO DE SANTIAGO

We found ourselves on a very beautiful road which wound high into the hills, before descending very steeply to the valley floor.



Although it seemed as if we were "at the back of beyond", at some point we joined a bit that is part of an old pilgrim route called St. James's Way. The Camino de Santiago comprises routes from all over Europe, but in particular France and Spain, which lead to the final destination of Santiago de Campostela in the north-west of Spain. It is in the cathedral there that the tomb of St. James is supposed to be. We passed many walkers and cyclists on this "way". How very sad when the Saviour said, "I am the way". The Christian's pilgrim walk is following our Lord.

Oops! Watch the top of the van here, the street looks a bit narrow! These cylists travel really fast, downhill!


"... for here we have no continuing city, but we seek one to come..."
Hebrews 13:14



Guide me, O Thou great Jehovah,
Pilgrim through this barren land;
I am weak, but Thou art mighty;
Hold mewith they powerful hand;
Bread of Heaven,
Feed me till my want is o'er.

When I tread the verge of Jordan,
Bid my anxious fears subside!
Death of death and hell's destruction,
Land me safe on Canaan's side!
Songs of praises
I will ever give to Thee.

No comments:

Post a Comment